Talk To A Board Certified Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-252-6822

Longview, Marshall & East Texas News To Use - Personal Injury, Auto Uninsured, PIP Coverage

AUTO UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED INSURANCE COVERAGE:  If you do not have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your policy, you really need to add it. If you are involved in a wreck and it is not your fault, unless the other driver has insurance, you may not be able to recover damages for your injuries.  This coverage is available to pay medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement and impairment up to the amount of dollar limits of your own coverage.  This coverage is affordable and very  important to protect you and your family.  In addition, there is a new law.  Your policy may not cover a licensed driver in your household unless he is listed on the policy.  Please check on both of these matters with your agent. 
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION COVERAGE (PIP):   This coverage is offered on your own insurance policy.  It will pay, or reimburse you, for your medical expenses and 80% of your lost wages which are due to injuries in a wreck.  It will pay regardless of who is at fault, whether the other driver has liability insurance coverage, or whether you are covered by health insurance.  It is also very affordable.  We recommend that you do not opt for “Medical Payments Coverage” although your insurance agent may offer it.  If you have Medical Payments Coverage and the other driver is at fault, you are required to reimburse or repay your own insurance company from what you recover from the at fault driver.  With Personal Injury Protection Coverage, you can receive payments for your medical bills and lost wages but not have to reimburse your own insurance company.
ON-THE-JOB INJURIES: Many workers are injured on the job and the employer does not carry approved Texas Workers' Compensation coverage.   In that event, if  your employer or a co-worker caused your injury, you have a claim against your employer.  Also, even if you are covered by Texas workers' compensation or some other insurance policy, if your  injury was caused by someone other than your employer, you have a claim against that person, product or company that  caused your injury.